OnSign TV supports several video formats, such as MKV, AVI, MP4, MPG and MPEG. If you try to upload any other format, OnSign TV website will display an uploading error message. Other video formats must be converted to any of the supported file formats.To convert MOV to MP4, you can either download a software or use computer default settings.
Using computer settings:
- Open the map and select the MOV file.
- Check “File name extensions” on the map header. This needs to be enabled to change the extension
- Right click the file and hit Rename.
- Change the extension “.mov” to “.mp4”. Because MP4 is a subset of the QuickTime standard, you can change a MOV file to a MP4 format just by changing the extension.
- Download Handbrake software. It is available for both Mac and Windows.
- Start the program.
- Drag .mov file to Adapter window and select output format MP4.
- Hit "Start Encode"m
Handbrake is just one example on free software, but feel free to use any of your preference.