Create interactive menus for displaying your content separately within the campaign. Divide long texts into smaller chunks and let your audience explore the content as they want, when they want and on the order they prefer.
*ONLY AVAILABLE IN SELECTED PLANS!
For this tutorial, we will build the following campaign:Download the zip folder with the files and try to create the same campaign yourself.
- Note: When creating your own campaign, make a paper sketch before even loading OnSign TV website. Plan beforehand:
- How your content will be divided. Define your campaign's goal and split your content into different sections according to it. Attempt making different navigation maps and decide which one you think would work better.
- How many buttons you will need. Each page requires a button or other action that will trigger the content on the screen. Think about their design, where they will be displayed on the screen and if it is clear it can be clicked!
- How your campaign layout will look like. Give an unity to your campaign, even though there may be several different pages. Use colors, fonts and layout to unify different pages. Read more about design on OnSign TV blog post.
- When you are ready with your campaign sketch, prepare your content. You are not allowed to trigger apps on the screen. So, if you plan on setting text as hidden content, create it on a software on your computer. Then, save it on an image format - such as jpeg and png - or pdf. Design and insert media to every different page.
Create a image containing all menu’s buttons (see image below). For this campaign, we also created a standard background which will appear when no action is triggered.
- Upload all files to your OnSign TV Account.
- Create a new campaign. Create a custom layout as you have planned. For this tutorial, we planned two zones: main content area(A) and menu (B).
- Place the files on the timeline.
- Now, edit your current layout and create screen divisions over the buttons on the menu area.
- Add a completely transparent image to these new areas on the timeline, so you can save the campaign (OnSign TV doesn’t allow you saving a campaign with empty timeline rulers) and the button’s text will appear beneath the transparent image.
The image must be on PNG format (learn more about transparency).
- Save and Publish the content when you are done.
- Click on “Interactivity” at the sidebar menu.
- Click on “Add Interactivity” at the header for adding an action to each button.
This is the point where we give life to your campaign! Let’s start with the Region 3 (“What is digital signage?” title), turning it into a clickable area. Everytime the user click on it, the content on Region 1 will be replaced by the “What is digital signage” PNG file:
Adjust the settings for the remaining areas:
- Hit “Save changes”.
- Publish the campaign to a player and check out the result!